Here’s a simple salad to throw together on a Saturday. Sometimes my day off is very hectic; other times it is very lazy. Whichever way it is for you today, remember not to grab a brown bag of fast food! This salad is a cinch to make. Enjoy!
- 1 cup organic, whole grain chips (mine have only three ingredients: whole organic corn, sunflower oil, and salt)
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1 cup prepared black beans
- 1 cup fresh corn (or frozen and thawed)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- homemade salsa to taste
- plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- 1 tsp cumin
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lay chips out on baking sheet. Sprinkle with cumin.
- Bake chips 3-5 minutes until extra crispy and fragrant. Remove from oven.
- In a large bowl, combine chips, lettuce, beans, corn, pepper, and cheese. Toss to combine.
- Top with salsa and plain Greek yogurt (if you’re craving sour cream)